Thursday, October 14, 2010

Portsmouth, NH

It has been exactly two weeks since I last wrote a post. It seems like keeping this weekly habit would take a little time to develop.

Over the Columbus weekend, I went on my first anniversary vacation with John to Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The town is really pretty, carpeted with tinted leaves that were warming the townspeople in the chilly weather of early October, which left me an impression of that similar to Guilin, in which a sense of calmness was pleasantly conveyed through the peculiar slow pace of life.

The average age of shoppers in Kittery Outlet in its neighbor town is probably in the 60s, sharply differentiates the town from Boston, where the young and the motivated strive. The leisure of living in such an environment is not popularly sought for by the young because the excitement of changes is more attractive to them than the beauty of the ordinary, which is only appreciated when the young are jaded by the excitements.

I’d love to visit places alike every once in a while when I need pauses to reflect what I have accomplished and check what changes are needed on my long-term to-do list. It serves as a mirror for me to recognize myself and recognize my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment